If you want to validate your construction design, an ideal option will be to depend on BIM! The engineers work closely with MEP design firms to produce accurate BIM Modeling. This helps to bring clarity to your construction design related to the performance parameters, tolerance and ease of building maintenance. Various design alternatives are simulated for the effective solution. Design software applications like Pipenet, ETAP, Dialux and Elite are used for seamless integration with the BIM Model. Moreover, major software applications used for BIM Modeling of MEP firms include Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, SolidWorks & Bentley.
Let’s now check out the various BIM services offered by MEP Design Firms:
1. Design Development Coordination Support – It is BIM which helps you to add value to your construction process by improving your MEP design starting from conceptual or strategic design to the stage of construction. The process of design evolution passes from schematic, detailed design to the stage of construction documentation.
2. BIM Model Creation – BIM Model creation identifies constructability as well as design issues accurately. You can get clarity in design pertaining to aesthetics, clashes, clearance and tolerance and can communicate construction ideas effectively. The central BIM Model ensures that all plan, sections and elevations are coherent, as those can be directly generated from the model.
3. Design Engineering & Validation – Design Engineering through BIM helps to build complex building models, enabling design firms to achieve the desired outcome, minimizing risk of costly changes later on. Design development support for mechanical ducting may include load analysis, CFM calculations, sizing ducts, optimizing duct routing, pipe sizing and more. Plumbing design support through BIM include assigning fixture units, checking obstructions to sprinkler spray, providing flush valve and more. Electrical validations include energy analysis, accumulative voltage drop calculation, short circuit current calculation and many more.
4. Comprehensive Construction Drawings – BIM Models also help to generate comprehensive MEP drawings, depicting components with technical information. The cohesive and consistent drawings generated from BIM facilitate accurate MEP coordination with various trades.
5. Quantity Take-Off – Quantities can be extracted from BIM Models for MEP design firms. Extracting the quantities through BIM help to make accurate cost estimate for determining whether the design will meet the budget of the project. This helps the team members to collaborate in an effective manner, helping designers to explore design alternatives and making decisions for reducing cost and making energy saving.
So, why are you waiting for? Seek one of the top BIM Service providers for your MEP Design Firms and get accurate & cost-effective construction solution.