Concrete is one of the most popular building materials. It is often used by the property owners in residential and commercial constructions for the ease of access, high durability, minimal maintenance, withstanding to high weather conditions and fire-safety. In order to add value to construction and reduce construction cost, concrete contractors are increasingly depending on BIM. The virtual construction of 3D BIM Models for the concrete trades helps the contractors in various construction projects such as retail chains, commercial, healthcare, schools, dams, bridges and dams.
Let’s now take a look at the BIM Services through which the Concrete Contractors get benefitted?
1. Model Creation of Cast in Place, Pre-Cast & Reinforcement – Constructible Parametric BIM Model provides component oriented design and planning for concrete
2. Analysis of Constructability – Virtual project construction enables review of construction plan & specifications, streamlining projects for bidding, cost estimation & enhanced productivity
3. Lift Drawings – Concrete Lift drawings undergo meticulous checking for design discrepancy, codes, coordination and constructability
4. 4D Construction Phasing – Visualizing the whole series of construction, understanding progress of construction throughout project lifetime
5. Quantity Take-off – Accurate quantity generation and conceptual estimate for every concrete element such as steel reinforcement, surface area and concrete volume
6. Bar Bending Schedule – Manages reinforcement bars & offers breakdown of bars by diameter, cross sectional views, length, weight and more
If you are in concrete trade, don’t shy away from implementing BIM! Choose the best BIM service provider for concrete who is conversant in working with prevalent international software applications and maximize your return on investment.