Construction project stakeholders can access valuable info instantly about building model from BIM. This is simply because BIM makes it helpful for the designers to build an intelligent environment. Nevertheless, the limitation for creating such a BIM model is that it is created as per the info and input fed in the model by the design support team. In that case if a user looks for a specific system component, the model can offer significant info such as the model, make, cost, serial number & so on.
Nowadays, spatial coordination has become a standard practice which has posed challenges for the trades that are not modeling their work. Consequently, fire protection contractors are becoming cautious to implement BIM that works in clash-detection programs like Autodesk Navisworks & more. Moreover, use of BIM helps to embrace fire alarm control panels, smoke detectors and other elements, comprising of a complete fire protection package.
BIM Benefits in Fire Protection Trade:
· Well-established BIM can offer user with necessary info, while selecting a fire pump
· Flow, pressure and performance curve can be identified
· Pump motor information like horsepower, service, voltage and more can be obtained
· Maintenance and part replacement info can be known
Advantages of BIM in Design & Construction:
· Installers are able to change info while installing components
· Field technicians can take snaps of the motors & pump nameplates during installation
· Nameplate photographs can be associated with specific pump or motor
· Building engineers & maintenance staff can access the info without leaving the site
Say ‘yes’ to BIM integrated Fire Protection System to review building management system events. You can also resolve an issue as a first order troubleshooting measure. So, implement BIM in fire protection trade and evaluate systems inside buildings conveniently.