Shop drawings refer to the apt design drawings produced by the developer and engineer, indicating drawing numbers and revision numbers and an apt section of the specification. The design power loads specified by engineers are clearly shown on shop drawings, indicating the codes used in shop drawing preparation. Shop drawings often reflect the material submittals, equipment dimensions, connections and openings to be used. They indicate wall, slab and roof openings required by MEP trades for installations like louvers for Fresh Air intake, Generator Ventilation, Exhaust Air and Chases for Bus-ducts, HVAC ducts and Cable Raceways. Shop drawings also reflect any relevant outcome from other activities pertaining to design like RFIs, meetings and more. Reference to the activities is clearly indicated and annotated on drawings like original date of issue, date of applicable revisions, project titles, project address, project number, names of stakeholders and other information.
Equipment Shop drawings often use abbreviations in specifications from engineer such as:
- Model Number, Manufacturer Identification, Installation Arrangement
- Material Size, Construction Details, Dimensions, Weight
- Operating Characteristics pertaining to the use of application, Operating Performance
- Performance Curves with clearly indicated performance range
- Equipment Efficiency, Motor Duty Cycles
- Electrical Classification, Electrical data & characteristics
- Approvals, Sound Levels, Vibration Levels
- Complete list of legends, symbols and general notes
- List of drawings, sanitary fixture schedule and lighting fixture schedule
- Typical installation details and bar bending schedule
Get mechanical piping shop drawings as per contract drawings and revise them as per site survey notes. BIM service providers ensure coordination between other services while preparing shop drawings and redirect drawings as per drop ceiling levels and beam height to avoid clashes. You can also generate spool drawings from BIM Model for accurate on-site & off-site prefabrication. Prefabricated sections of piping systems are called spools, which are an assembly of pipes & components and get delivered to construction site for faster assembly. Choose the best BIM Modeling Company and get accurate shop drawings and spool drawings to act as a guide, while working on site.